Things that CAN be put into a recycling container:
- Paper (paper bags, newspaper) No shiny paper inserts or magazines are accepted.
- Cardboard boxes (broken down) without tape and no shiny cardboard or pizza boxes. #1 & #2 Plastic Bottles (Must be washed, rinsed clean, and dried)
- (clean and dry)Soda, water, and other beverage bottles
- (clean and dry)Detergent and cleaning containers
- (clean and dry)Plastic jars for salad dressing and peanut butter
- (clean and dry) milk and water jugs, no caps
- (clean and dry) shampoo bottles, no lids
Things that should NOT be put in recycling bins
- No Liquids
- No Food trash
- No plastic bags
- No Clothing or fabric
- No Styrofoam
- No wax coated cardboard or paper
- No plastic tubs or cups
- No Glass
ONLY AT THE LANDFILL:
In the battery bin:
- lead acid batteries (vehicle, golf cart, lawn mower batteries)
- Household batteries (9volt, AA, AAA, C, D)
- Rechargeable batteries
Waste Oil– please call the landfill before taking because of storage limitations.
No Glass Recycling– at this time the landfill does not have a glass receiving vendor.